Monday, February 21, 2011

The Art of Fame

"People take me both way too seriously and not seriously enough," says Lady Gaga. And I think she's exactly right. From the meat dress to her suicidal VMAs performance, I've been shocked and somewhat appalled by some of Gaga's antics. I'll admit, I take her too seriously sometimes. And after watching her interview on 60 minutes with Anderson Cooper, I also realize I have not taken her seriously enough. Gaga comes off as an academic of fame in her interview. She says she has studied the rise and fall of many artists and everything she says, does and wears is all deliberate and part of her master plan for fame. She knows how to draw attention to particular things, like fashion, thereby drawing attention away from other things such as her personal life. I think she's serious about the art of fame. Whether you are a fan of Lady Gaga or not, your opinion of her will be altered in some way after watching this interview. Enjoy, little monsters.

No comments: